PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR’s Information Technology Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector.
As a Solution Architect at PACCAR you will define solutions using new or existing technologies, and have real influence on PACCAR’s business and information technology strategy. A successful candidate is someone who is self-driven and has a deep technical knowledge in the application development, integration and data domains. You will be researching and evaluating platforms, infrastructure and tools and technologies to create solutions that will last well beyond the current "app" of the day. Long term planning and execution skills are a must!
As a solution architect on major projects you will provide expertise and knowledge to define solutions that build REAL business value while aligning with technology roadmaps that you helped create. Our Solution Architects lead working sessions with peers, business partners and executives to gain understanding of business strategies that drive the definition of technology selected. If you want to work with and influence people with a variety of backgrounds and responsibilities and have the communication talents to lead them to a good solution, PACCAR has the job for you
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Participate in the development, implementation and communication of architecture roadmap strategies to ensure that technical systems are scalable, reliable, secure, supportable and achieve Business and IT performance and budget objectives.
- Provide leadership for projects defining solution architectures that conform to existing standards or new reference standards have been developed.
- Develop and maintain architecture roadmaps, relevant policies, standards, and compute models that support IT and the business goals.
- Responsible for reviewing standards and design specifications to keep them current and aligned with industry best practices.
- Support enterprise IT capital investment planning and portfolio management.
- Work with global stakeholders and subject matter experts to research and evaluate platforms, servers, tools and technologies to support business direction.
- Train domain owners and architects on roles and responsibilities.
- Up to 10% domestic and international travel.
- Minimum of three years of large scale solution architecture and design experience, preferably supporting the aftermarket domain of an organization (service, replacement parts, warranty, ecommerce, customer adoption and retention).
- Experience developing system architectures that cross geographic business units.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and apply research trends to business capabilities and IT roadmaps.
- Ability to translate technology into business terms and value.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Excellent presentation skills to executive leadership. Demonstrate the ability to document and communicate ideas to both business focused and technical focused audiences. Strong negotiation and problem solving skills used to align the business capabilities and IT systems.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, quickly and accurately analyze information to make recommendations.
- Deep technical expertise in multiple disciplines such as: aftermarket support, system integration, data and analytics, software systems development, business process design, and application portfolio management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders of various levels of authority and expertise across divisions and the industry.
- Proactive collaboration combined with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical information in non-technical language.
- Experience and insights of competitor programs and technologies used to drive solutions, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to apply tools and models to develop or improve processes and problem solve.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field required.
- Master’s degreepreferred.
- Training and use of Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect or Visio desired
- Six Sigma training and / or belt certification a plus.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.