Reporting to the Vice President, Enterprise Architecture the incumbent will be responsible for designing and defining the enterprise level technology landscape enabling Mitel’s strategy and maintaining operational excellence all with high-availability, performance, scalability and resilience in mind. The Solution Architect will own how the different elements of business, information and technology can be applied to solve a specific problem and they will bridge the gap between business requirements and the implementation of technology solutions.
- Defines standards and helps enforce best practices for the Enterprise Architecture organization.
- Assesses the systems architecture currently in place and works with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Works closely with Enterprise Architect to solution for moderate to complex quote to cash to support business processes for one-time/transactional and recurring / subscription-based offers.
- Communicates how applications support business capabilities from a position of functional fit, technical fit and risk.
- Collaborates with other stakeholders to ensure the architecture is aligned with business requirements.
- Brings Solution Architect plans to life, by translating the vision to the IT Delivery, Operations and Security teams.
- Prepares, maintains and presents Architecture deliverables such as Ecosystem and Integration diagrams, ERD, Swimlanes, Visios and Mockups.
- Reviews technical team deliverables for compliance with architecture standards, guidelines and leverages best practices.
- Works as an extension of the IT Delivery team from Concept to Go Live to ensure all deliverables align to the Enterprise Architecture vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years of enterprise / solution architect experience with the principles and design patterns of quote to cash to support applications including web applications, Integration/middleware, and Business Intelligence.
- 3+ years of experience with Salesforce, ERP, Subscription Billing solutions (Zuora is preferred) and CPQ solutions.
- Excellent communication abilities to lead business discussions with cross-functional stakeholders and architect the value of the solution and the best practices to implement it.
- Experience in IT architecture, Cloud DevOps and infrastructure.
- Familiar with REST API design, micro services architecture concepts, and cloud native systems design.
- Experience in Business Architecture and Business Analysis.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional, diverse and global organization.
- Ability to influence and negotiate.
- Strong understanding of Cloud based SaaS applications in a multi-cloud architecture.