About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
The Solution Architect for the Annuities IT organization will be responsible for providing architectural oversight, governance and technical leadership for all facets of Application Development for the Annuities IT organization. This individual will be responsible for partnering with the Annuities business, Enterprise Architecture, Application Development (Build), Maintenance and Support (Run), Managed Service Providers and Infrastructure teams on the development of strategic roadmaps and solutions to achieve Business and IT strategies and goals associated with Quarterly Product Releases, Projects, Minor Enhancements and Support initiatives. This Solution Architect will also be responsible for many aspects of technical delivery and oversight related to application development activities (e.g. solution proposals, architectural decisions, macro and micro designs, build/construction activities) and will partner with the Annuities IT leadership team to deliver quality solutions for the Annuities organization.
- Accountable for adherence to standards for Macro and Micro Design, including the approval of: Component Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Interface Specifications, Class Design, State Diagrams, etc.
- Accountable for department software architecture.
- Accountable for development of, and compliance with, Enterprise Architecture and department architectural and development guidelines and best practices.
- Accountable for providing technical solutions/direction to ensure systems/ applications are highly available and meet approved Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Assesses the impact of technology decisions on business direction and roadmaps, and communicates outcomes with senior IT and business leadership.
- Collaborates with senior IT and business leadership to incorporates new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Creates and maintains the application architecture relationship with Enterprise Architecture.
- Identifies and leads the implementation of process improvements that improves quality across team, department and/or business unit for IT.
- Identifies and mitigates risks with complex processes and technologies.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging, in-house developed and vendor, systems/ applications, as well as currency.
- Prepares and obtains approval from Enterprise Architecture on project/initiative Solution Proposals.
- Provides direction and subject matter expertise on the creation of development standards and guidelines in accordance with Work Implementation Process (WIP) and Enterprise Architecture (EA).
- Provides direction on all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), ensuring that an iterative approach is followed.
- Provides direction on estimation for annual planning, continual planning and various tier estimates throughout the life of a project or initiative.
- Provides direction on, and participates in, complex programming, designing and prototyping.
- Provides direction on, and participates in, complex Unit Testing.
- Provides direction on, and participates in, project Load/Performance tests and analysis.
- Provide direction/guidance to other Federated Architects as needed to ensure quality solutions and deliverables are created to meet the needs of the Annuities LOB.
- Provides subject matter expertise in defining best practices for development and implementation.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in (Minimum Required)
- 5 - 7+ Years of experience in IT Architecture that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this position.(Required)
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.