We are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Solution Architect in The Woodlands, Texas. The Solution Architect is responsible for developing and designing solutions from business demand (requirements) utilizing various technologies. The candidate will have a good working knowledge of the following technology areas, but, not limited to cloud-based computing, traditional data center infrastructure, network, security, database, applications integration, data flow and digital transformation. The role will work across global IT to integrate various applications into our IT infrastructure and drive the optimum utilization of existing IT solutions and technology.
This role is also responsible for contributing to the overall enterprise architecture, development of roadmaps and design principles for the related technologies in IT operations. The role will establish standards and provides documentation for current state technologies.
The Solution Architect will also perform Level 3 and Level 4 troubleshooting when needed.
What will be expected from you?
- Create well-informed system solutions and manage the adaption process
- Regularly evaluate the solutioning and integration of technologies to achieve business outcomes
- Collaborate with project teams to provide relevant implementation estimates
- Ensure strategic alliance for designed solutions
- Research and develop future roadmaps, strategies, and technical visions
- Audit the operational system status for compliance to design and standards specifications
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner
- Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- Assists other employees in accomplishment of Huntsman company goals
- Participates in and completes company-required training programs
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company
What are we looking for in the ideal Candidate?
- A Bachelor's Degree in MIS/Computer Science or related field preferred, but not required. High School Degree is required
- 10+ years relevant business experience in the Chemical or Oil & Gas downstream industry preferred
- 10+ years relevant experience in IT
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding technology architecture life cycle methodologies
- Interpersonal and leadership skills that demonstrate collaboration, facilitation, negotiation, conflict management and influence
- Experienced in the adoption of technologies towards solutions fulfillment from requirements, evaluation, design, test and implementation cycles.
- Broad understanding of core infrastructure technologies and how that it is leveraged across the enterprise to support solutions
- Deep appreciation of the design and integration of solutions, technologies and services across the enterprise
- Ability to conceptualize and describe the structure, characteristics, behavior, requirements and other aspects of solutions and engineering
- Excellent knowledge of technology integration and current computing trends
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated reports to management and other IT solution partners
- Experience with on-premise and cloud-based Infrastructure
- Experience with networking and voice technologies from an integration and performance perspective
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture processes such as TOGAF
- Understanding of IT Management processes such as ITIL
- Diagraming skills for system design artifact creation
- Strategic thinking and roadmap design for multi-year model
- Ability to collaborate with project and operations teams for development of solutions
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
- Exposure to digital technologies and AI
- Experience with application and data architecture from an integration perspective
What can we offer you?
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. We are a global specialty chemical company with locations in 30 countries around the world, employing over 11,000 associates. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service – and the list goes on. The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and will be eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, vision and dental, basic life insurance, AD&D insurance, and 401k. Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.