The Solution Architect is responsible for assisting a sales representative and channelpartners with the technical sales activities in customer opportunities, both new and existing.
The Solution Architect will be aligned with a sales team within their geographical area of focus
The goal will be to deliver the technical value of the Company's product to the customer. This may occur via supporting the selling process via technical discussions, conducting presentations and product demonstrations, performing proof of concept (POC) activities, generating diagrams, statements of work, and other technical documentation as required to support the selling process. As a team, the goal will be to build a strong business justification for the customer's purchase, while striving for customer satisfaction after the sale and ensuring that the assigned annual quota is met/exceeded.
- Understand customer requirements and work with the sales team to sell Client solutions into the customer's environment, while always providing the pre-sales technical support necessary to achieve the technical win.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assist prospective customers in their understanding of how Company meets their technical and business requirements.
- Deliver sales presentations, present technical information about Company's products and services, and conduct product demonstrations
- Manage all phases of product evaluations (proofs of concept) including installations, presenting at seminars, contributing to the company's response to RFP's and RFI's and the technical development of Client's channel partner community.
- Ability to articulate the importance of Data Security, Data Governance, and Data Management and evangelizing Company as the market leader to partners and customer stakeholders, at all levels.
- percentage of travel varies by territory. In general, travel is expected to fall within the 35-50% range. Remote, Home -office based position (East Coast).
- At least 5 years' experience in a customer facing presales or consulting role.
- Ability to discuss highly technical concepts to all audiences, ranging from non-technical to executive level technical decision makers.
- Extensive knowledge of Data Security technologies such as Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASBs), Digital Rights Management (DRM) and Encryption.
- Active Directory and related Directory services.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows and Unix Filesystems.
- Working knowledge of data discovery tools, data classification programs, and data retention is preferred.
- Experience with Network File Shares, SharePoint, and Cloud-based data repositories (e.g., Box, OneDrive) is required.
- Working experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) providers such as AWS, Azure is preferred.
- Exposure to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as well as other relevant regulatory requirements by territory is desired.
- Exposure to security hardware and software.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from a four-year College or Technical School
- Security Certifications, such as CISSP, are preferred
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, while also participating on a team to collaborate in a fast-paced working environment.
- High energy, motivated, and dynamic individual with exemplary communication and interpersonal skills.
- A true team player