Delivers the platforms, tools, and technical solutions to ensure areas such as Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Governance, and Analytics teams can effectively execute their functions. Actively partners with Data Engineering, Data Science, and other teams to understand current and future needs. Executes projects to research, proof of concept, and implement new solutions. Maintains awareness of trends and technologies to meet new and emerging stakeholder requirements. Ensures technology and automation solutions are available to successfully leverage data as an asset.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Champion the selection of Data and Analytics platforms and tools to be used across the enterprise.
- Engage with users and vendors to execute technology proof of concepts that validate use cases and the value of new solutions.
- Onboard new platforms and tools to ensure solutions are adopted effectively across the organization.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering and Data Science teams to identify tooling gaps and inefficiencies, and partner to implement solutions for their needs.
- Research and experiment with data and analytics tools to stay at the forefront of technology trends.
- Drive innovation and experimentation, matching busienss needs with technology solutions.
- Demonstrate a range of experience with Data and Analytics technologies and concepts.
- Strong technical skills, with experience researching, implementing, and onboarding new technologies.
- Hands on experience working with cloud technologies and solutions, with preferred depth in AWS services.
- Ability to successfully execute proof of concept projects and implement new technologies.
- Passion and understanding of new technology and trends including database and analytics technologies, data science, AI and machine learning. Desire and willingness to continuously improve those skills and knowledge.
- Creative and innovative mindset with the ability to drive to outcomes.
- Strong analytical ability - understanding complex technology solutions and how they interrelate with other technologies and business drivers across the enterprise.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and organize requirements to identify options.
- Ability to build productive relationships and collaborate with partners and stakeholders.
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize telephone for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to perform grasping tasks throughout the entire work day (examples: handwriting, grasping of equipment/machines, paper manipulation, sorting, folding, handling stacks of paper)
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of jobs.
Securian Financial has been around for 140 years. We’re committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There’s a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan – great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.