The Solution - Data Operations Architect is a collaborative role on the Solution Engineering Data Engineering Team responsible for the operations of critical data processes for scalable, and performant solutions that meet the requirements in a large data volume enterprise. Processes and design trade-offs are communicated to business and technical stakeholders for effective decision making.
This candidate will influence an integral part of a major IT initiative to enable National Grid Business Partners by improving how our employees serve our customers today and by creating the platform for tomorrow’s growth. This is an integral role for this enablement program to deliver changes across people, process, systems and technology.
-The Gas Business Enablement (GBE) program is a multi-year, multi-million dollar initiative that’s bringing transformative change to the way our US Gas teams work every day. By standardizing and simplifying both the processes and the technology we use to run our business, GBE is enabling teams to work even safer and smarter as we serve our customers.
-With GBE, National Grid is making a significant investment in our people, processes and IT systems—all designed to overcome these challenges and drive our leadership in our rapidly changing industry.
-We are utilizing the agile development and DevOps methodologies to deliver projects delivering business value across multiple applications including Salesforce, MuleSoft, Maximo, ESRI / GIS and WorkForce.
-If you are looking to join a dynamic, growing and challenging environment, GBE is the place for you.
- Ensure existing processes complete to meet business operations and regulatory requirements
- Lead teams to design, develop and release data workflow changes to keep in synch with business processes
- Improve standards and metrics to ensure compliance with Risk/Compliance and Data Governance requirements across multiple systems
- Collaborate with Data Management and Support Teams to enforce the change control process
- Assist in determining the cross-application data standards, data distribution standards and promote data-driven design
- Evaluate database deliverables throughout development to ensure quality and traceability to requirements and adherence to all quality management plans and standards.
- Work with other architects to ensure that all components work together to meet objectives and performance goals as defined in the requirements. Identify and communicate any cross-area or cross-release issues that may affect other areas of the project.
- Participate in go-live preparation activities such as QA, dress rehearsals, issue remediation, cutover and go-live aftercare
- Participate in data management maturity assessments to identify gaps and pain points for capabilities including data quality, governance, analytics, metadata management, master data management
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement in processes, procedures and systems with regards to data.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Demonstrated ability to partner with cross-functional teams, subject matter experts, and architects
- Demonstrated ability to drive sustainable process changes that realize significant business value
- 3+ years’ experience in managing data operations in large organizations
- 3+ years’ experience in application and/or database development
- 3+ years’ experience in SQLServer, SSIS and SSMS or other database platforms
- Experience in a dynamic work environment
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers.
- Strong communicator
- Experience with cloud database architecture is a plus
- Experience with Snowflake is a plus
- Experience with Agile/Lean software development process and practices is a plus
- Experience in with SaaS solutions such as Salesforce, ESRI and Workforce is a plus