As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The senior level Enterprise Data Architect Consultant will play a key delivery role for VOYA Financial, focusing on a portfolio of programs or large projects. The successful candidate will define architecture and capabilities in the data, cloud, and application space all supporting a target state that build on ongoing initiatives. This role will provide architecture leadership on both enterprise level and key LOB initiatives as a shared resource and will be a thought leader in cloud technologies, digital capabilities, information architecture, analytics, and provide leadership across the IT organization. The Architect Consultant would partner closely with IT and the business to define business requirements, assess capabilities needed and provide innovative solutions.
- Translate business needs and strategy into short and long-term data strategies. Drive said strategies by providing vision, leadership and innovation to application development teams.
- Fully engage with business partners to address business and customer needs through technology as appropriate. Employ business and technology acumen to translate technical details into business terms and vice versa, assuring mutual understanding and agreement of objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies. Foster strong working relationships across the organization and within technology to drive the development of data capabilities and overall technology strategy and goals.
- Know and communicate effectively how to bridge silos and focus on data integrity, quality and cross-silo usability.
- Manage selection, design, implementation, and utilization of development and data related IT products within the enterprise.
- Experience with leading distributed data architecture efforts with subject matter authorities from varying technology and business disciplines
- Strong competencies in cloud, data, application, and integration technologies, approaches, development, and implementations. System conceptualization, design and specification techniques and skillsets.
- Strong data modeling experience working with at least three various types of data models (relational, document, graph, wide column, dimensional) and developing solutions for multiple cloud-based database platforms
- Keen ability to analyze and recommend enhancements to tune SQL and ETL components to support analytics work streams.
- Direct interface to a variety of business leaders
Tools and Technologies:
- Architecture Disciplines: Cloud, Data, Application, Integration
- Platforms: Windows, IBM OS/MVS, UNIX, IBM OS/390
- Databases: Oracle Database, SQL Server, DB2, HiveQL, Oracle, MS Access, IMS, Snowflake
- Tools/IDEs: ER Studio/ErWin, SQL Server 2014 (SSMS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), Visual Studio, Business Objects, SQL Workbench, Cloud Data Integration Tools (Snaplogic/Workato/Mulesoft etc)
- BI Software: Tableau, Cognos Analytics, Power BI, etc.
- Development/Integration: SOA, Microservices, etc.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ten years of progressively responsible IT experience, including 10 years in leadership
- 10+ years of extensive thought leadership and hands on application development, integration, and data management experience
- Strong experience with cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, Oracle, Rackspace, etc.
- Strong experience with solutions architecture and enterprise strategy development
- Strong financial and organizational management experience
- Strong understanding of financial services industry.
- Thought leader and change agent on optimizing data and application solutions and organizations to deliver best-in-class, easy-to-use applications and systems with high availability, response times and data accuracy
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a directly related field; Master's Degree preferred.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.