The Solutions Architecture Consultant role will work to define high-level application solutions focusing on the mapping of IT capabilities to business needs. The Solution Architect will work closely with the Enterprise Infrastructure and Corporate Applications Development teams to envision future technology needs to build and manage our back office technology. The Solution Architect role will focus on defining the relationships, flows and implementation of business (processes/activities/functions, information), applications, data and technology for our Corporate Applications.
- Define and maintain enterprise architecture standards
- Support the development and implementation of the IT Enterprise Architecture roadmap
- Translate business priorities into IT architecture requirements for each respective Enterprise Architecture domain
- Apply software, data and infrastructure knowledge expertise of current and future architecture to projects.Understand as-is architectures and the implications of the architecture requirements on current and future architectures
- Define, document and maintain to-be domain architectures applying architecture guiding principles
- Augment architecture guiding principles
- Collaborate with domain architects to develop architecture roadmaps for all architecture domains
- Identify architecture gaps and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvements and alignment
- Assist in identification and development of new Enterprise Architecture assets, standards and frameworks
- Research industry-wide architecture and technology trends for the respective domain and present relevant point-of-views
- Review project architectures for compliance with enterprise standards as part of the Architecture Review Committee and make domain-specific recommendations
- Manage and direct the activities of up to three direct reports
Knowledge & Experience:
- 7+ years of progressive and expanding experience as an architect including translating business strategy and requirements into actionable architectures.
- 5+ years experience working closely with business partners with the direct responsibility for strategy and developing business enablement architectures.
- Excellent ability to communicate at a technical, business, or executive level and translate highly technical concepts across diverse audiences.
- Broad understanding of legacy and emerging technologies
- Experience with COTS systems on premise and in a SAAS ecosystem
- Knowledge and experience with cloud technologies and integrations
- Experience with legacy systems and complex technical environments using multiple technologies and languages.
- Deep knowledge of data, infrastructure and programming concepts.
- Experience in multi-platform environments.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work closely with project teams to deliver project artifacts.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience; Master's degree preferred.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and decision making skills.
- Corporate systems knowledge is desired but not required
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.