Job ID/ Req. Number183304
The Solution Architect leads and coordinates colleagues in the development of technical specifications for major systems and applications and/or bundles of smaller systems and applications. The candidate will work collaboratively across the Commercial Banking and Capital Markets functional areas with an emphasis on loan origination, loan syndication, customer relationship management (CRM), and servicing systems.
The successful candidate will work with cloud and hosted vendor solutions, as well as, design and build unique solutions for extending the value of the bank’s Commercial offerings. Prior experience working with one or more of these packaged software solutions is preferred: AFS Vision, Finastra’s LoanIQ, nCino, Document Management systems (DocuSign, IBM Content Manager, IBM FileNet or equivalent), Wallstreet, Calypso, BluePrism, IBM BlockChain, and Salesforce.com.
- Assist Project Managers with creation of business cases;
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to obtain estimates for hardware, software, development, and testing;
- Perform technical evaluations for new vendor or in-house solutions;
- Develop Solution Approach and Technical Design deliverables;
- Communicate with project stake holders about application and technical design;
- Present to the Architecture Review Board;
- Act as the Technical Leader on large multi-million dollar type projects;
- Perform detailed analysis of business and technical requirements;
- Create integration and development project plans and designs;
- Act as an internal consultant to project teams, as well as business support teams;
- When necessary, develop components leveraging an API based style of systems integration or craft UI/UX prototypes and wireframes which demonstrate business requirements;
- Lead efforts to streamline processing and design for low-latency and highly available systems architectures;
- Translate business requirements into Technical Specifications and be able to communicate about technical issues with business leaders and IT.
The ideal candidate has the following work and skill related experience:
- 7-10 years of experience working with complex application and technical architectures preferably in the commercial banking space;
- Multiple projects requiring web-service and ETL integration between vendor and in-house applications (REST, SOAP, IBM API Connect, DataStage, Informatica, Talend);
- Understanding of networking architecture including performance load balancing and high availability architectures;
- Understanding of data architectures including relational (Oracle and SQL Server), Master Data Management, Data Analytics (no-SQL, Hadoop, Salesforce Einstein);
- Hands on experience implementing Commercial Loan Origination, Loan Servicing, Loan Syndications, and Securitization technologies;
- Prior experience working with one or more of LoanIQ from Finastra, AFS Vision, nCino (Lending or Treasury Management), Calypso derivative and commodities trading, Wallstreet foreign exchange trading, Bloomberg, Markit, and other Capital Market tools;
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
EDUCATION AND GENERAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
B.S. in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience.
Services Oriented Design Principles (SOA), Experiential Service Design, Micro-Service Design
Methodologies: Agile & Waterfall, Continuous Delivery, DevOps Delivery & Support
Certifications (optional): TOGAF, ITIL, AWS, Azure, Salesforce, CISA
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week:
Why Work with Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.