Job ID: 14580BR
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Travelers has an exciting opportunity for a solution architect to join the talented architecture team in Claim Technology. Claim Technology is partnering with our Digital Business Partners to develop new and exciting capabilities that will enable our customers to be more connected and engaged with the claim process. Someof the new capabilities include access to claim information, access to claim financials, ability to message back and forth with their claim professional as well as send and receive shared documents. This position willwork closely with our Digital agile release train providing leadership while architecting end-to-end solutions across distributed and host environments. Important to the success of this position is the abilityto understand business challenges and to translate them into long term sustainable technical solutions. In addition, the architect will work in conjunction with the architecture community to ensure alignmentwith roadmaps, reference architecture and standards through a common assurance process.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance.
- Provide strategic thinking, solutions and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations.
- Architect end-to-end solutions across distributed and host environments.
- Define pros and cons of solution options to arrive at consensus around architecture decisions.
- Leverage defined roadmap, reference architecture and standards for Claim Technology and the Enterprise.
- Lead proof of concept efforts for candidate architectures.
- Assist in the remediation of application stability and performance.
- Perform project level design, debug and performance analysis.
- Work with product management areas to establish required infrastructures and frameworks.
- Perform product evaluations and proof of concepts.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 3 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in the field of computer science or similar technical area.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Self-initiated individual who consistently delivers high quality results with limited guidance and willingly trains, guides and positively influences others.
- Effectively communicates to diverse technical and nontechnical audiences, including developers, technical leads, peer architects, delivery owners, business owners, senior leaders, etc.
- Possesses strong foundational technical skill sets and architecture experience which can be leveraged as use ofcurrent and newer technologies is expanded in applications.
- Proven ability to create an architecture solution in alignment with the reference architecture. and utilize foundational services to address the quality attributes (non-functional requirements) of the solution.
- Ability to influence teams to a future state while understanding the need to make practical. decisions along theway. Strong ability to create a following amongst a technical group.
- Knowledge of multiple development technologies including but not limited to .NET, C#, SOA, XML and SQL server. Host mainframe experience a plus.
- Experience with Node.js, Angular, React or similar technologies; Cloud; platform as a service; micro-services architecture and architecture models is preferred.
- Ability to learn the latest technologies and be self-started in running proof of concepts to determine how they can be applied to solve needs within the organization.
- Insurance domain knowledge a plus.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience a plus.
- Excellent facilitation, discovery, analysis, and prototyping skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- The ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and must be able to managemultiple requests at the same time.
- High motivation, self-starting, ability to work with minimal direct supervision, takes ownership.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.