$150K — $200K *
With 350 associates across 40 countries, Commercial IT is the backbone for Novartis launch excellence and commercial/medical execution. We deliver integrated IT Solutions and Services within an eco-system of partners. We are hiring, adding 30 new roles to our team based in the United States.
Here is your opportunity to work with the latest technology to make an impact and support a multimillion portfolio in an innovative, unbossed environment.
In this role as a Solution Architect, you will:
- Shape and create IT solution designs on the AWS platform.
- Design for secure, scalable, resilient, high performing and operationally excellent solution architecture.
- Design for robust AWS integrations and seamless connectivity between strategic platforms.
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead the shaping and design solutions on Amazon Web Services, e.g. EC2, S3, RDS, Amplify, Lambda, and others.
- Own the technical solution design engagement for AWS transactional (OLTP) projects.
- Define and lead the logical and physical architectures required to deliver AWS solutions.
- Engage with and provide expertise to key conceptual architectures during demand shaping and RFP's.
- Responsible for a range of AWS services expertise and design of products and applications on the AWS platform.
- Responsible for AWS security related application level designs.
- Provide thought leadership on AWS platform offerings.
- Participate in the sharing of best practices, technical content and reference architectures.
- Engage and collaborate with key customers and system integrators on strategic programmes.
- Define and lead the architectural roadmap to support the application developments.
- Ensure the overall user experience is taken into account when designing new solutions and services on AWS.
- Engage in planning of releases / deployments together with Project Managers and Operations Team.
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- University degree in business/technical area adequate equivalent
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- 8+ years of enterprise IT experience in a technical or architecture related role.
- Proven track rack record in large, preferably global, multi-team projects dealing with complex process areas and business groups
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to work with others in a high paced, fluid, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Attention to detail and organization
- Working under tight timelines without compromising quality
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
- Stakeholder management skills
- Ability to operate in matrix organization effectively
- Strong can-do attitude and results-focused
- Eventual travel
Preferred technical skills:
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services.
- Prior experience in a technical AWS role.
- Understanding of application, server, and networksecurity.
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle.
- Related pharma industry experience highly desirable.
- Experience in technology domains such as distributed internet-scale applications, DevOps, Serverless, High-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads and integrations.
Valid through: 12/22/2020
$100K — $150K
2 days ago