The Solution Architect will lead the architecture, design, and implementation of technology platforms that will meet program needs while integrating with ease to the overall enterprise architecture and technology landscape.
This leader will work closely with technology and business stakeholders to understand the requirements, define the technology selection approach, architect and design flexible, scalable, and cost-effective technology solutions. This role requires big picture technology landscape understanding, detailed solution architecture design, and experience with a broad spectrum of platforms and integration options. This person will serve as the expert for solution architecture for the portfolio of solutions. This role will be responsible for working with technology vendors and internal technical teams to drive technology platform and solution design and integration decision.
- Architect and design technical solutions that will meet project needs while integrating with ease to the overall technology landscape.
- Evaluate technology options and define a future state technology architecture landscape and drive transition to that future state.
- Direct the architecture and design of software solutions and any required integration.
- Collaborate with technology vendors and internal teams in the architecture and design of solutions.
- Oversee multiple technical design efforts ensuring architectures and designs support the program goals.
- Assess cost and feasibility of technologies and ensure they are cost effective and support current and future business needs
- Through design and delivery of technology solutions, build and expand technology capabilities for the organization.
- Consider the use of agile methodologies, open source software, cloud deployment in an effort to improve design, delivery and supportability.
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Define the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software products and services.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Proven successful experience in vendor selection and management for a wide range of technology solutions, budgeting, and monitoring progress through implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, strategic mindset, with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with a combination of supply chain, order management, point of service, warehouse management, and e-commerce solutions is required
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce and Oracle Retail platforms is desired
- Retail industry experience is desired
- Architecture leadership experience in delivery of omni channel customer experiences is desired
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies
- Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements
- Ability to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
Desired Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities as an application architect or similar function in a technology organization
- 5+ years senior solution architecture experience designing and implementing integrated platform solutions.
- In-depth understanding of application architectures and principles
- Experience in Salesforce Commerce and Oracle Retail platforms
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt