Alphanumeric Systems has an internal opening for a Solution Architect Director. This role serves as a key member of the sales team primarily responsible for developing proposals focused on growing Alphanumeric's Professional Service and Solution offerings.
Founded in 1979, Alphanumeric Corporate Headquarters is located in Raleigh, NC. Today, Alphanumeric employs more than 500 full-time employees worldwide with offices in Philadelphia, Montreal, Barcelona and London.
Drawing upon depth and breadth of technical and business impact knowledge, the Solution Architect Director will routinely engage with Alphanumeric customers at Director, VP and C-levels to provide critical perspective and guidance on creative business solutions, strategy, investments, and innovations.
- Assume a cross-functional leadership role providing in-depth industry, market and technical expertise to develop and execute the sale of technical strategies, solutions and benefits designed to meet Alphanumeric client's needs and requirements.
- Working at the intersection of product, marketing, sales and delivery to identify and architect solutions, develop conceptual designs, construct appropriate cost models, create and review statements of work, proposals and contracts.
- Collaborate with sales team personnel and clients to develop the business relationship, identify opportunities, gather technical requirements, craft infrastructure designs and promote solutions from Alphanumeric's product and services portfolio.
- Engage with the service delivery teams to build component and service solutions of various size and complexity, as well as serve as the liaison for managing Alphanumeric partner relationships, tracking new technology developments, offering technology guidance and ensuring training and certification compliance.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Subject matter expertise and in-depth knowledge across multiple technical disciplines.
- Provide innovative approaches to customer challenges.
- Support sales efforts by providing in-depth product, business expertise and knowledge of service offerings and methodologies.
- Participate in client meetings to gather technical requirements and identify appropriate technologies and services.
- Create solution proposals, architecture diagrams, statements of work, bill of materials and contracts.
- Develop solution estimates and cost models.
- Manage business and subcontract partner relationships, including contract review and compliance with training and certification requirements.
Education and/or Experience
- Successful applicant will have a minimum of 3+ years of professional experience as a senior engineer or consultant.
- Strong technical writing skills – previous SOW/RFP writing experience preferred.
- Applicants with an ITSM/Managed Services background strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of information technology infrastructures and systems.
- Client focused with a passion for technology solutions and services.
- Pre-sales and/or technical team leadership experience.
- Team player with experience leading and collaborating across sales and service delivery teams to ensure successful development and delivery of solutions.
- Experience in assessing a broad range of information technology solutions and products.
- Proven track record of designing complex solutions and developing project cost models.
- Knowledge of business partnering agreements and experience with contract development and review.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, translate and present solutions to C-level executives
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Office products, include Excel and Visio.
- Strategic business acumen and understanding of business model and organization strategy.
- Critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate solutions and concepts to lay audiences.
- High level attention to detail.
- Customer oriented with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong multitasking, logical and deductive reasoning skills.
- Willing to learn and react quickly to a changing environment