As our skies become crowded with planes there comes a cost of increased Airline operational problems; one of the few ways airlines can improve their passenger experience and reduce expenses is by early detection of problems and prompt, optimal recovery. Disruption Management helps detect disruptions early to enable airlines to respond faster, therefore preventing further deterioration of the situations. This solution calls for integrating a large set of flight operation systems, which largely work in isolation today. Bringing these systems together to solve airlines' operation problem at a new level is going to be both challenging and rewarding.
What you’ll do:At Boeing Canada-AeroInfo, you will be joining a team that provides technical and solution oversight to several projects as part of a major business unit. The focus of this role is to ensure architectural integrity across a variety of projects from a business solution and technological standpoint to determine the best approach to projects.
- Participate as a data architect on the Disruption Management Team, and provide an advanced level of expertise to implement, coordinate and maintain Airline Operation data architecture, including all related structures and processes.
- Collaborate with developers and end users to identify and evaluate business requirements and translate them into specific database solutions, designing new and enhanced data structures, data models, and key business algorithms to support the needs of the business.
- Recommend and develop a framework of processes, practices and standards pertaining to data structures and design (including creating and testing database prototypes, and developing methods to support data analytics).
- Prepare architecture documents and technical papers documenting and advocating the decisions affecting the architecture of multiple systems.
- Design and ensure systems and interfaces are well-defined and exhibit desired architectural behaviors.
- Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects and coordinate between organizations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of data governance principles and also carry out a central role in the program data governance while overseeing the data lifecycle management.
- Conduct research and continuously maintain knowledge and awareness of technology products and industry trends, identifying and recommending opportunities to support and enhance the program data architecture.
- Develop status reports at regular intervals to ensure Leaders are informed of data architecture achievements and challenges.
- Generate creative and practical technical and business solutions for clients, based on broad expertise in one or more areas
- Work with clients and advise them on key architectural impacts and decisions concerning the platform and supporting technologies, from an enterprise perspective
- Evaluate projects from a technical standpoint, ensuring that development methods used are correct and practical
- Approve system requirements and working closely with project managers to identify resources and estimate timelines for project completion
- Produce technical architectures and business solutions that are modifiable, dependable and scalable.
- Oversee the design and implementation of solutions to customers including database consolidation, implementation, and application integration with an emphasis on architectural services
- Lead and participate in technical project reviews
Who you are:
- You have a technical degree in a related field of study i.e. computer science, computer engineering, business administration/commerce or equivalent; may have master’s level degree or higher education in specialized areas
- You have at least 7 years’ progressive, relevant experience
- You have well developed communication and presentation skills
- You are able to apply extensive aviation, software and IT architecture practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories and concepts
- You are able to lead across multiple projects concurrently and assume the responsibility for the appropriate technical and architectural decisions and implementations for the projects
- You are able to liaise with high-level stakeholders and communicate the value of a project solution that resonates with all levels of the customer’s organization.
- You have a strong business acumen and are able to envision customer processes and develop sound solutions to complex issues that require ingenuity and creativity
- You have a track record of guiding major programs to successful completion
- You are flexible to travel in accordance with business needs