Summary: Leads the creation of an architecture for multiple products, applications and/or systems in a domain. Fits the domain solution architecture within the overall enterprise architecture and escalates issues that affect enterprise architecture. Creates a high-level strategy and design view of the set of products in the domain solution portfolio. Makes trade-offs across the solution portfolio and designs the architecture to accomplish cross-system objectives. Essential Duties:
- This position is with the Cloud team, incorporating DevSecOps principles in delivering and supporting mission-critical solutions in multiple cloud environments. This position will be involved with cloud-native, cloud-to-cloud and data center-to-cloud (Hybrid) models. AWS, Azure, Cloud Formation, and/or ARM experiencerequired. AWS or Azure certification a plus. Chef, Jenkins, Artifactory, GIT, Grunt experience a plus. HA/DR experience a plus. Scaled Agile Framework experience a plus.
- Utilizes system engineering DevSecOps concepts and techniques to evaluate the completeness and correctness of the domain solution portfolio. Ensures systems and interfaces are well-defined and exhibit desired architectural behaviors. Prepares architecture documents and technical papers documenting and advocating the decisions affecting the architecture of multiple systems. Advises on product strategy for the domain solution portfolio. Investigates new technologies and product opportunities that could be used to generate competitive advantage. Creates technology roadmaps for the domain solution portfolio. Identifies business and technology trends and evaluates their impact on the domain solution portfolio.
- Monitors the implementation of architecture throughout the domain and provides technical mentoring, guidance and clarification to other architects and technical implementation resources.
- Provides effective communication to business and technical community on behalf of the domain.
- Leads the definition of architecture principles, guidelines, patterns, and standards.
- Applies appropriate estimating techniques to determine the level of effort and financialinvestment required for the technical implementation of the solution.
- Reports potential intellectual property and resolves its disposition with corporate intellectual property process.
Education/Experience: Technical degree in a related field of study and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
- Provides technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-term perspective.
- Guides the successful completion of aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.