San Diego, CA
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
Less than 5 years
Posted 42 days ago
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
This is a full-line sales position responsible for growing revenue in the territory by participating in activities related to the commercial sale of Solta’s consumable products and encouraging the cross-sell of Solta capital devices to existing customers. This position also has responsibility for providing the ongoing customer support training and promotional activities necessary to drive the growth of the business.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties: Note: The following are meant to be representative but not necessary all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities for this position title. The Sr. Account Specialist has primary responsibility for: • Achieving sales results in the assigned territory. • Performing effective territory penetration to drive sales and increase revenue growth among the existing and newly installed customer base for the Solta family of products. • Providing training presentations and demonstrations to the customer on application and use of the company’s products using effective communication and sales techniques. • Educating the customer regarding the indications, contraindications, and safety of Solta products. • Supporting and helping to facilitate the execution of regional training workshops and tradeshows within the territory and area. • Pre-planning sales calls and maintaining efficient time management skills to ensure maximum customer contact and highest level of customer service. • Developing and maintaining up-to-date account files. • Preparing sales contracts quotes price and terms per company guidelines. • Completing administrative responsibilities including quarterly business plans, up-to-date account profiles, weekly expense reports, and Solta’s computer customer database. • Maintaining updated knowledge of the industry and competitive products. • Developing and maintaining supportive productive and effective relationships at all levels within the organization. • Maintaining compliance with all applicable quality and regulatory guidelines as an integral part of business operations. • Maintain consistent communication regarding the territory with all team members including surgical and non-surgical specialists, marketing, and clinical co-workers. Maintain accurate forecasting. • Demonstrate a strong work ethic and represent Solta with high integrity, ethics, honesty loyalty, and professionalism. • Support company goals and objectives, policies, and procedures, Good Clinical Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices and FDA regulations. • Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience Education Training Traits: • This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of proven success selling consumables and preference for experience with capital equipment.
• Preference for candidates who also have experience with consumable selling. 4-6 years of demonstrated success selling medical products or services to physicians and other health care providers. Preference for direct customer experience with the plastic surgeon and dermatologist audience.
• Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and orally, with all levels of employees.
• Ability to make effective and persuasive communications and technical presentations to physician’s management and/or large groups. Ability to thoroughly understand and communicate the attributes and qualities of Solta products using professional selling and closing skills.
• Ability to use word processing and database applications and various software programs such as Excel and PowerPoint.
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
• Knowledge of FDA GMPs. Ability to function in a controlled environment regulated by FDA GMPs.
• Knowledge of clinical surgical techniques and procedures and medical terminology.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills. Skilled in managing time effectively. Ability to be flexible in changing daily workload priorities as directed.
Ability to travel adequately to cover territory including overnight stays attend tradeshows and corporate and training meetings. Must be willing to travel up to 75%.
• Ability to maintain suitable work station (including inventory) in own residence.
• Ability to transport of up to 60 pounds of equipment within territory.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job the employee may be required to perform lifting tasks of up to 60 pounds for short durations. Duties of this job may involve standing and/or walking for extended periods of time. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Valeant is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V