We are looking for Solarwinds / Nagios Engineer for our client in ???????San Jose, CA / Fort Collins, CO
Job Title: Solarwinds / Nagios Engineer
Job Location: San Jose, CA / Fort Collins, CO
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- This position is responsible for supporting the configuration and operation of real-time monitoring, alerting and reporting of the global infrastructure and applications (Network, Servers, Storage, Databases, etc.)
- Partner withNetwork Engineers, System Administrators, Database Administrators, Architects, Applications Engineers, and Project Managers to support their technical monitoring requirements.
- Utilize best practices and provide recommendations to improve problem identification and response time in IT systems.
- Track and maintain the standard baselines and configuration sets of global infrastructure and implement industry best practices with regards to:
- Windows and Linux based server technologies
- Application-based monitoring
- Infrastructureutilization and capacity analysis
- LAN/WAN monitoring and capacity analysis
- Large server farm monitoring
- Patch management
- Responsible for providing 24/7on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- anticipate in complex problem solving situations. Identify process improvement opportunities through infrastructure monitoring and analytics.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of automated systems patches, upgrades, and new configurations.
- Participate in design sessions, architectural reviews and technical advisory roles as required.
- Interact with customers at the technical level as required
- Experience in Systems Monitoring & Management Engineer role
- Expert knowledge of management and monitoring tools, such as Nagios, SolarWinds
- Experience with virtualization technologies (Citrix, VMWare, etc.)
- Experience on scripting in various languages including PowerShell/Shell/Python/Perl
- Familiarity with networking technologies (routing, switching, load balancing, security, VPN)
- Knowledge of server hardware, Cisco UCS.
- Knowledge and understanding of network applications, web servers, email servers, firewalls, databases, file shares and print servers
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS technologies.
- Working knowledge of server clustering technologies
- Detailed knowledge of best practices for system support, including topics such as information security, patching and monitoring.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT service management process.
- Familiarity with databasetechnologies such as MS-SQL/PG-SQL.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Proven ability to manage own work and meet deadlines with documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written.