Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 168 days ago
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector management consulting and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,000 professionals in more than 50 offices across North America and in Europe. The firm has five designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve their challenges or pursue opportunities.
• Daily duties include monitoring the Orion architecture
• Implementing and maintaining network management software.
• Designing new implementations via the application of architectural standards and performs configuration of physical and logical network components.
• Assisting in the design of the network architecture, plan and designs the network infrastructure and network solutions.
• Performs capacity and resource planning, assessing network risks and contingency planning.
• Researches, analyzes, and implements software patches or hardware changes to address any network deficiencies.
• Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubles
• Implement monitor and alerting solutions to provide early detection of production outages
• Work directly with application owners to understand and establish monitoring requirements
• Create and maintain documentation for monitoring processes and requirements
• Collaborate with ITS Management to create business-monitoring requirements to translate into technical specifications
• Knowledgeable in the areas of Solar Winds Orion technologies, NPM, IPAM, WPM, DPA, NCM, Netflow
• Able to create user requested monitoring dashboards of pertinent objects
• Able to participate in the maintenance and up keep of Solar Winds architecture.
• Able to troubleshoot various issues relating to the Orion monitoring platform.
• Experience required in 802.1X, ISE, TACACS, RADIUS, ASA, FTD, CSM, BGP, OSPF, MPLS,
• Knowledge of network related platforms, technologies, and protocols inclusive of Cisco IOS, Cisco NX-OS, Data Center Interconnect (DCI), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), virtualization, overlays (VXLAN or OTV), OSPF, BGP, VRF, DNS, and DHCP.
• Experience in cloud technologies such as VMware, AWS and AZURE.
• Excellent in verbal and written communication.
• Skill in communicating effectively with team members, supervision/management and external organizations under normal and emergency conditions.
• Highly skilled to take on a variety of tasks and pay attention to detail.
• 3 years job related experience with Solar Winds Orion products
Job ID 2018-3457