$80K — $100K *
• Prepares and submits contract documents for legal and risk reviews
• Prepares qualifications and assumptions that align with the contractual requirements of the project.
• Assists in the prequalification process. Leads internal McCarthy estimate review and bid process team meetings along with preparation of estimate for substation, battery storage and generation projects.
• Provides support to Business Development team as necessary to maintain relationships with existing client base
• Participates in interviews and interview preparation for negotiated bids.
• Assists the Marketing Department in preparation of responses to RFP’s and RFQ’s.
• Provides value alternative solutions taking into consideration cost, schedule, maintenance, and life cycle cost implications. Oversees value alternate preparation from subcontractors, and internal departments.
• Fills in design gaps for incomplete documents for the completion of estimates. Ensures estimating/precon department has most current design information in the preparation of estimates.
• Acts as “Bid Captain” on pursuits, particularly those projects with a preconstruction period after award, such as a Design-Build pursuit.
• Oversees the establishment and maintenance of budget control during the preconstruction phase of the project.
• Presents deliverables to the owner in a complete and organized manner, per the approved guidelines of McCarthy and the requirements of the owner.
• Attends and represents McCarthy in all design and coordination meetings. On some projects may lead these meetings. Maintains an action log for outstanding items and assigns responsibility for such action items. Maintains scope issues log and is responsible for compiling pricing (with assistance from estimating as needed).
• Lead conceptual and detailed design of solar electrical systems
• Provide support to field team during commissioning process to ensure contractual compliance and provide troubleshooting assistance to Warranty Manager during the warranty period as appropriate
• Independent review of testing, commissioning plan, and QA/QC documentation.
• Review of electrical studies including but not limited to load flow, reactive power capability, short circuit, relay coordination and arch flash.
• Lead interaction with utilities for interconnection design and for coordination of reactive power and SCADA approach.
• Lead procurement efforts and negotiate Purchase Orders for key equipment of solar plant (i.e. Modules, Inverters, Transformers, Racking System including Piles and SCADA system) and specialty subcontractors Lead the pursuit team to respond to RFP from client
• Communicates with engineers, suppliers and consultants to clarify scope of work, materials, and schedule requirements, and documents these clarifications.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of preconstruction schedule with buy-in from internal departments as relates to them. Interfaces with the owners and designers to maintain schedule. Keeps internal departments informed of schedule changes as relates to their activities.
• Assists Project team in design decisions and development of solutions.
• Reviews the project construction schedule and ensures the timely preparation of the General Conditions and coordination of General Conditions with trade packages.
• Manages all aspects of risk and defines such for the executive team.
• Ensures we are adhering to contractual requirements and strategically meeting overall goals by understanding preconstruction and construction contracts and applying knowledge to assigned project.
• Tracks and manages construction budget between formal estimating periods and keeps owner and team abreast of current budget and impact of design decisions.
• Acts as the team liaison between operations, estimating and design management.
• Represents McCarthy to subcontractors through management of the preconstruction process.
• Assists in the development and training of other preconstruction staff.
• Manages a relationship management plan with owners and key stakeholders in the markets that we cover
• Builds and maintains relationships with engineers, suppliers, and subcontractors to obtain a competitive advantage for McCarthy.
• Conduct site visits and inspection as necessary.
• Attends industry events and represents McCarthy to the industry in a professional capacity.
• Builds and maintains relationships with internal McCarthy clients.
• Maintains knowledge of cost elements of projects by bid package and/or uniformat (i.e., cost/per watt)
• Implement all applicable Safety Programs and EEO/Affirmative Action Programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering, and/or 10- 15 Years of applicable estimating, design management and/or field management experience.
• Proven experience managing preconstruction for medium to large scale solar projects with emphasis on highly complex projects.
• In-depth knowledge of construction principles/practices required.
• Experience dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work.
• Experience leading successful team ventures, including development of employees and maintaining relationships with external entities and subcontractor community.
• Self starter. Highly motivated to bring results and success to the projects he/she leads.
• Ability to build trust and influence others internally and externally.
• Demonstrates behaviors consistent with McCarthy core values.
• Maintains a “value added” approach to preconstruction.
• Strong communication skills with ability to communicate to varied audiences.
• Strong presentation skills
Valid through: 8/18/2020