The Solar Performance Manager (SPM) is a key contributor to the Solar Installation process. They will manage key post-install processes for their local offices and help maintain a world-class customer experience for customers in their area.
Key Job Duties:
- Manage the inspection technicians and performance technicians in office.
- Onboard new technicians on company and department policies.
- Order necessary parts and material for technicians in the office.
- Coach technicians on best practices and strive to improve individual and office metrics.
- Oversee the local inspections process within the office.
- Oversee the local service process implementations within the office.
- Strive to achieve high efficiency of directly reporting technicians.
- Prepare technicians to be ready for their assigned tasks every day.
- Work with corporate office teams to ensure appointments are being scheduled efficiently and technicians are being fully optimized.
- Preview technician’s schedules to ensure they are prepared for the right skill sets are available for each appointment.
- Set and manage goals with technicians to improve overall office performance.
- Work with technicians to manage truck stock and vehicle policy compliance.
- Ensure technicians are closing out work orders and updating all necessary systems with appointment details.
- Ensure technicians are compliant with our RMA procedures
- Train technicians on policy changes and ensure 100% policy compliance.
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- Electrical or Solar Installation background is a plus
- 2+ years management or supervisory experience
- Organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- 2+ years experience with customer interaction strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and meet goals as a group