Tetra Tech’s commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Our Midwest, Rockies & California Operations are seeking an experienced leader to serve as Solar Energy Engineering Lead (New England) to grow our Energy Practice and support a variety of projects from concept to completion in a dynamic consulting environment.
Tetra Tech’s Energy Practice includes routing, siting, engineering and permitting of fossil fuel, wind, and solar facilities, electric power generation, electric transmission systems and substations, natural gas pipelines and compressor stations, and other related facilities.
This is a strategic growth opportunity within Tetra Tech’s Energy Program. This individual will assist other Energy Initiative Practice leads establish the strategic direction and growth of Tetra Tech’s renewable energy and engineering practice. Our ideal candidate will have the experience and proven track record of building teams and winning work with the opportunity to develop and expand our team of engineers into a national renewable engineering practice to support multiple locations across Tetra Tech.
Our Solar Energy Engineering Lead (New England) will specifically lead and further expand the development, design, and construction of renewable energy facilities with a focus on solar and transmission gen-tie.
- Sustain and grow Renewable Energy clients and key accounts.
- Develop and expand Tetra Tech’s renewable energy services through collaboration and an integrated services approach by partnering with other Energy Initiative Practice Leaders.
- Build, grow, and develop a team of high performers within the Energy Practice.
- Participate in client marketing and business development activities which consists of proposal development, technical presentations, trade show attendance, client meetings and the development of marketing materials.
- Working closely with Operations Management, Energy Initiative Leaders, and other Business Unit Leaders to deliver safe, profitable, and sustainable projects and services for our clients.
- Develop a team of multi-discipline engineering staff through coaching and mentoring to expand our renewable engineering services, providing competitive and profitable services and projects.
- Direct and manage marketing and business development within the Renewable Energy practice through collaboration and building intercompany relations with other Tetra Tech Operating Units.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional, safety standards, practices, codes.
- Lead and support the development of engineering technical standards, educational materials and templates.
- Provide leadership for project teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Perform various consulting-related duties supporting the development, analysis, engineering design, permitting, financial aspects and construction associated with renewable energy projects. Knowledge of PV systems and battery energy storage systems design.
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Manage workload for the engineering staff (resource allocation, proposals, deliverables, QA/QC, and backlog forecasting).
- Serve as a Project Manager where you will manage technical projects, engage with clients to identify new work opportunities, prepare proposals and cost estimates, establish and formulate technical approaches, and direct project teams.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for clients, project managers, engineering and non-engineering technical staff to understand the engineering design of renewable project development.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously.
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders.
- B.S. in Electrical, Civil or other Engineering discipline from an accredited university.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant work experience and 7 years working on solar, battery energy storage system and/or wind project development.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
- Working knowledge of all aspects of engineering planning, design and construction related to renewable energy generation facilities.
- Electrical engineering experience including site layout, interconnect, collector system design, transmission, substation scopes of work, battery energy storage system design and microgrids is a plus.
- Proven success in providing on leadership for project teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Efficient time management –handle multiple projects simultaneously and with minimal supervision, including prioritizing, organizing, and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational teambuilding skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Experience preparing and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program teams, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills to convey technical information to clients and business and financial reports to management.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines.
- A Master’s degree in a business or engineering discipline is a plus.
- Engineering background in commercial utility-scale and distributed generation renewable energy projects (solar and battery energy storage system projects).
- Proven ability to work in a diverse environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective.
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment.