Boeing Global Services is currently seeking a Software Product Owner to join the Environments & Control Systems (ECS) team in Training Systems. The ECS organization operates using the Scaled Agile Framework™ software development process. The ECS team develops Synthetic Environment simulations, the InstructorOperator Station, Brief/Debrief System and other software subsystems on Boeing flight trainers.
As a Product Owner, you are the interface between customer programs and the ECS agile software development organization. Your role is to provide technical leadership, to shape requirements, and to translate requirements into user stories for our agile software teams to implement.
- Serve as the customer proxy to the software team, specifically in day-to-day implementation decisions.
- Work closely with the product manager in defining system level software features.
- Work closely with the software teams in decomposing system level features into executable backlog items.
- Prioritize and groom team backlogs.
- Accept new stories into each sprint cycle when created by the teams.
- Work with developers and testers on the team to create appropriate and executable acceptance criteria.
- Enhance team productivity via a test-first mentality and acceptance test driven development focus.
- Assure the development team’s work effectively addresses program priorities while maintaining technical integrity and cost and schedule targets.
- Attend product management meetings, planning, and backlog/vision refinement sessions.
- Participate in team and system demonstrations.
- Coordinate content dependencies across teams.
- Actively participate in retrospectives and other improvement workshops.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- The ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance Post-Start.
- Prior experience with Software Development in an Agile environment.
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Previous experience as a Software Product Owner in an Agile environment.
- A strong software development background with experience decomposing stories into vertical slices of features.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Job ID 1700014492