A Cloud Software Engineer at Verimatrix helps us create and build on our large suite of security and content protection products. These products are used around the world to protect video content that is delivered via satellite, cable, and the internet. A successful software engineer at Verimatrix works to deliver value to our customers by collaborating hand-in-hand with Product Management and engineering teammates to design, build and deliver high-performing, scalable products.
To be successful, you must be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible. If you want to make an impact, but be part of something bigger than yourself, then you are already the best kind of teammate. We love working with people who care about customers, quality, new technologies and the people they work with! Help us navigate through challenging problems, setting new standards of innovative problem solving. The technical world moves at an unbelievable pace and we want to move even faster. Join our creative, fast-paced, tight-knit group of engineers and become part of the solution at Verimatrix.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years software engineering work experience
- 3+ years object-oriented design and hands-on coding (primarily back-end work)
- 1 year of experience working with Docker containers
- 1 year of experience with microservice and miniservice architectures
- Working knowledge of Application monitoring and alerting techniques
- Relational and NoSQL database experience
- Proficient in Linux based systems, serverless computing concepts and cloud infrastructure
- Working knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment strategies
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Understand scalability challenges and performance of server-side code
- Able to design and develop horizontally scalable, resilient, and highly performant services
- Able to design secure distributed systems and assure operational processes around security
- Understand the fitness and purpose of various security techniques
Experience with any of the following would be a plus:
- git and github
- Java or C++ back-end design and coding
- Web server technologies such as Express, Tomcat, or Apache
- CI/CD technologies such as Codefresh and/or AWS CDK/CloudFormation
- AWS security technologies including IAM, WAF, Security Groups, and VPC
- AWS serverless technologies including Lambda and Fargate
- Security protocols, cryptography, PKI, SSL/TLS experience
- Digital Rights Management
- DVB SimulCrypt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and develop software for managing premium video content in various environments
- Work closely with your own and other engineering development teams to ensure seamless software and process integration
- Be an active part of discussions about architecture, specifications, requirements, testing and design reviews
- Bring to life both your own and your teammates’ creative and innovative technical designs and ideas
- Champion quality, security, and best deployment practices
- Help us innovate and build new products while continuing to expand the capabilities of our current successful ones
- Bring your vision and brainpower into developing new algorithms and software, re-architecting current designs in order to create new capabilities as well as improve performance, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Work across teams without barriers of why things cannot be done and help us constantly move forward
- Bring your experience and insight to proactively suggest improvements to the products, processes, or internal tools