You will also interact with customers and a development team to gather and define requirements, collaborating with innovative teammates to analyze and study those requirements in order to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy customer needs. A Software/Web Engineer on this team will also design, create, test, and maintain software and web-based applications/content solutions so that they are in line with customer requirements. This process includes the following duties:
- Follow a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques, adhering to laws, standards, and established guidelines for the development and delivery of software and web applications (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault-tolerant).
- Coordinate the creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into coherent site design.
- Design and develop visually-pleasing, content-rich, and user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation.
- Develop and maintain software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades.
- Provide software process management and configuration management throughout the software/web development cycle.