Based at our corporate headquarters in Mahwah, NJ, the Software Validation Senior Engineer will assist with the on-time delivery of high-quality telematics and infotainment systems in the US market. Senior engineers are required to progress the development of processes and be key contributors in establishing and being integral of a new team. The candidate should bring extensive experience in telematics and infotainment systems as well as test methodology and defect management.
- Support existing global testing strategies with input of topics relevant to the US market.
- Lead and participate in test events. Participate in testing activities, validate fixes for known issues, and perform regression testing. Report errors and create related supporting documentation.
- Become a technical expert in one or more of the following topics: System integration, Navigation, Tuner, Telematics, Vehicle functions, Voice Control, Vehicle Functions, ADAS.
- Lead or support system integration activities: updating of hardware and software, modification of test vehicles, and setup of data logging tools. Create related supporting documentation.
- Collect and analyze data to support development teams in fixing of found issues.
- To identify difficult to use / hard to operate issues that would impact customer satisfaction.
- Pro-actively support the Front Desk Engineering team in early identification/understanding of emerging quality issues. Utilize resources to obtain additional data required to support to UK Engineering and suppliers for analysis and correction of field issues.
- Develop relationships with JLR suppliers and consultancies in local Market to provide enhanced market support capability.
- Performs other duties as required.
Key Criteria for Role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Automotive Engineering is Essential;
- Minimum of 7+ years of direct experience;
- Significant experience in the development, testing, qualification, or validation of automotive telematics and infotainment systems;
- Experience with development, testing, qualification, or validation of ADAS;
- Experience in Electrical Systems, Features and Controls;
- Strong Problem Solving Skills; Six Sigma training a plus;
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills;
- Good knowledge of automotive industry, including competitor and market awareness;
- Good level of understanding of Electrical & Product Engineering development processes
- Advanced MS Office skills; and
- Must have strong business acumen, and the ability to work with people at varying levels within both internal and external organizations.