??We are looking for Software Validation Engineer for our client in Santa Clara, CA
Job Title: Software Validation Engineer
Job Location: Santa Clara, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Job involves writing and maintaining validation tests for client's software SDKs.
- Candidate will be required to read Software System Architecture Specifications, understand requirements and create validation plan appropriate to the spec. Candidate will also need to design and write validation tests and scripts and update existing test automation infrastructure with the new tests.
- When not available new automation frameworks will need to be created for new tests and/or products being developed by the team.
- Candidate should have Python a must Ruby is a plus scriptingexperience, candidates with experience in both the languages would be preferred. C/C++ programming knowledge is required given most products to be validated will be primarily in C/C++.
- Candidates with knowledge of automation tools like Watir, Selenium, HP UFT would be preferred but is not necessary.
- Expertise in validation methodologies to plan and execute to deliver a high quality software, including measuring quality goals
Qualifications required not limited to:
- 3-5Years of Python knowledge including ability to quickly develop scripts. Python is a must have skill set****
- 1-2Years of C/C++ programming experience.
- Batch scriptingexperience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of testing Windows applications and driver.
- Ability to do first level of analysis of application crash/hang.
- 1+ year of Jenkins framework ( ) including ability to launch jobs, create reports, modify Jenkins scripts and analyze a nightly run of 1000s of test cases.
- Experience testing Windows applications
- Ability to do first level analysis of test failures, application hangs and crashes.
- BS degree in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering or related
- You will be working in close collaboration with the local software development and validation teams in Santa Clara and Oregon. Will report to manager in Santa Clara.
- **Ruby is a plus skill set**