The Software Validation Engineer III (Hardware in Loop/ Configuration) creates tests for and tests embedded software for automotive electronic modules and components while contributing to planning and reviews.
- Creates, Develops and Tests system test cases.
- Executes test and logs the defects.
- Works with the test lab to test new programs and maintain existing ones as well as to coordinate the creation of test tools.
- Ensures on-time delivery of testing milestones.
- Conducts reviews of test plans and test cases and then creates testing reports.
- Updates the status of problems in the problem tracking system.
- Assists the Software Validation Group Leader in software test planning.
- Provides testing support at client sites when required.
- Assists the Software Validation Group Leader in the training of newer members of the team.
Experience: 5+ years' Software Validation experience with Hardware-In-The-Loop (HIL) expertise.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering /Computer Engineering / Computer Science.
- Experience utilizing Configuration Desk to build Simulink models for implementation with Control Desk.
- Experience with dSpace for HIL testing and test case development for automation.
- Well-versed with the standard control development tools - Matlab & Simulink
- Experience with the following communication protocols: CAN, GMLAN, and LIN.
- Experience with the following simulation tools: DiVA, SDATT, CANalyzer, and CANoe.
- Experience with LIN testing with J2602A specifications.
- Experience with CANdb/CANdb++ Editor (to specify nodes, signals, variables, messages).
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project).
- Experience in analyzing customer requirements and in transferring flow charts and state diagrams to create test cases.
- Knowledge of software testing for automotive embedded systems.
- Knowledge of black box testing.
- Knowledge of system testing.
- Knowledge of Python scripting.
- Knowledge of Django web framework.
Travel Required: up to 25% domestic and/or international
Physical Demand (Special Considerations): While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit in an office environment. Occasionally, they must stand, walk, and/or handle equipment.