SAIC is seeking a Mid-Level Test Engineer to support a concentrated effort at a large Federal Agency to bring legacy, high priority IT systems up to current and supported operating levels while also addressing critical needs for high availability, fail-over capability, decoupling of highly connected systems, and/or cloud-based solution implementations.
- Develops systems integration and test plans
- Conduct system integration tasks and environmental tests
- Develop and executes test procedures and test cases and perform integration of system components
- Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
- Documents and communicates test results. Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues.
- Documents and works to resolve all complex problems. Creates test metrics and reporting. Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong familiarity with test practices, automation, and Agile processes
- Experience in one or more Agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban
- Hands on experience with testing databases (Oracle, MySQL, etc)
- Experience in developing automated API tests using SOAP UI, POSTMAN
- Experience in developing automated UI tests using TestComplete, and Selenium
- Experience testing on Windows and Linux platforms, and in AWS cloud environments
- Working knowledge of Section 508 compliance tools (NVDA/JAWS/WAVE)
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and five (5) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (2) years or more experience
- Current or prior Public Trust or other clearance preferable
Location: Alexandria, VA and possible remote
Clearance: Able to obtain Public Trust