- Functions as an individual contributor and works under moderate supervision with clearly defined guidelines and direction.
- Follows general guidelines established in the test plan and may receive day-to-day instruction and assignments from Project Test Lead.
- Develops and modifies documents and executes test cases from approved project requirements and design.
- Write and execute manual test cases, analyze test results, identify system defects and defect tracking, troubleshoot issues and ensure resolution.
- Performs testing activities (including but not limited to graphical user interface (GUI), back-end, interface, batch, regression, automation execution, performance testing) and records results following established project standards for software testing, defect management, and test deliverables (including the Test Plan, Test Case Specifications, Test Summary Report).
- Assists with providing defect root cause analysis and assists in verifying defect fixes.
- Assists Project Test Lead in creating test data to support planned tests.
- Updates the Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Interacts with other project teams, including the Business Analyst Team, the Development Team and Quality Assurance Team.
- Provides testing status updates to project management and customer.
- Provides input to test planning activities list and schedule.
- Identifies and escalates risks and issues.
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field).
- 2 – 7 years of Software Testing experience.
- Understanding of SharePoint applications, WebEx, Skype, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio, with a working knowledge of the rest of the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Knowledge of defect management tool (such as Jira).
- Knowledge of Unix commands.
- Knowledge of database tools (such as Oracle, SQL Server, TOAD).
- Domain knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, or healthcare verticals.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Highly organized with analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to task and project changes.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with varying priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of the CMS XLC and STLC.
- Experience testing multi-tiered applications or transaction processing systems.
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Experience with XLC and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) (a plus)
- Experience working with the CMS development and testing environment (a plus)
- Working knowledge and experience with AWS/Cloud (a plus)
- Basic knowledge of Selenium Software Quality Assurance (a plus)