Software Tester and Test Automation Engineer for an enterprise big data and analytics platform that utilizes emerging technology to ingest data in real-time at extreme volumes and high velocity; Full development life cycle and production support / application maintenance in Agile rapid development environment.
What you'll do:
- Perform manual and automated testing of web applications and back-end data processes for a big data and analytics platform
- Work with architects and developers to define test approach, prepare test data, develop manual or automated test scripts using automated testing tools and frameworks (e.g. UFT), and validate that software meets requirements / acceptance criteria.
- Execute automated regression testing.
- Support production deployment and validations.
- Support production application - perform data quality checks; investigate production inquiries and issues.
- Work on sprint team in agile, rapid development and deployment environment.
- Communicate status to team lead / project oversight.
What you'll need:
1 years of experience with:
- HP UFT SQL or other structured query languages
- Software testing
- Agile development methodology
- Postal or mailing industry experience
- Transactional and BI reporting systems (e.g. OLAP and data warehouse)
- Big Data systems and data analytics
- Communications skills (both verbal & written) - ability to work and communicate with all levels in team structure Team player with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, and effectively manage time