The AMD software team is seeking talents to assume responsibilities for post silicon activities related to performance, power characterization and optimization of AMD GPU products.
In this position you will be working as a member of a hard-working agile team, which will have you working with senior technical staff on AMD's latest GPUs. If you thrive in fast paced, technically results-oriented environments, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, pronounced attention to detail and strong human relations this could be the flawless opportunity for you.
- Debug and seek and resolve any system-level hardware, software and firmware issues, that may occur in test environments
- Reproduce flagged issues, perform analysis, diagnose and root-case of reported failures
- Execute post-silicon characterization, optimization and measurement of power and performance features Develop test plans, methodologies and tools to support post-Si activities
- Proactively drive continuous improvement for post-silicon power and performance activities
- Collaborate with SW and FW teams to seek said issues in a timely manner
- Experience in programming and/or scripting languages (E.g. C++, Perl, Python, Shell)
- Experience with software and/or hardware debug tools
- Understanding of power/thermal management Good understanding of PC platform hardware, Operating System, Device Driver, Video BIOS and System BIOS interactions is important
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and debugging HW and/or SW issues, Strong interpersonal, time management and multitasking skills are required
- Experience and knowledge of OS X preferred
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering or Computer Science with emphasis on computer architecture and over 4 years PC industry experience acquired in a development or a technical support
Requisition Number: 78032
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham