Software Test Systems Engineer II
What you'll do:
- Design, develop, test and integrate test system software and hardware for a variety of applications including: subsystem command and data handling, low level hardware control, automation, custom interfaces, and communication software for ground, airborne and/or space systems
- Participate in the following activities: requirements definition, analysis and decomposition, support system level architecture definition and software design.
- Participate in department activities to improve methods and processes
- Work under formal software development methodologies.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with LabVIEW architectures and technologies is required.
- Experience with LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, LabVIEW Object Oriented programming, state machines, intra-process communications, and cross application communications is desired.
- Experience with databases, data structures, PID algorithms, vision analysis, VeriStand, VeriStand Custom Devices, Device Drivers, Requirements Gateway and instrumentation is desired.
- Experience with Ruby, Matlab, Simulink and SQL is desired.
- Experience configuring and interfacing to instrumentation across various protocols, including RS-232, GPIB, DAQmx, VXI, RIO, TCP-IP, USB, Spacewire, 1553, CameraLink, and other related technologies is desired.
- Experience with instrumentation including scopes, DMMs, DMIs, motion, cameras, power supplies, temperature monitors, waveform generators, spectrum analyzers is desired.
- Ability to modify and maintain existing software code and architecture and to work within department standards and to help architect those standards as part of a team.
- Ability to interface and coordinate with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to grasp new technical concepts including hardware/software interactions, real-timeprocessing, and concepts of operations.
- Self-starter, good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work independently and on a team.
- Working knowledge of configuration management principles.
- Working knowledge of software quality principles.
- NI Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) certification is required within 6 months of starting atBall.
- TS/SCI or current SSBI desired but not required.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able tomaintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, toevaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.