Software Test Engineer
Position Summary: The Software Test Engineer is responsible for ensuring the on-time development of reliable automatic transmissions controls through the execution of software testing, validation, documentation, and qualification activities, which ensure new or modified products are able to be manufactured, meet customer specifications, and maintain company standards, in addition to serving as a technical liaison for software testing activities in order to support internal and external customers.
- Develop and program test scripts for hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) automation.
- Write test procedures and test protocols for vehicle and hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) tests.
- Align software testing process with the design, test, and calibration engineering teams; support product development and customer activities in collaboration with global engineering teams.
- Execute and develop documentation for all software test activities including the definition and analysis of test plans, test procedures, and work orders for lab technicians.
- Perform specialized testing analysis for manual and automated software tests on hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) and in the vehicle according to customer requirements and ZF standards.
- Perform root cause analyses and error corrections of software-level problems; support root cause investigations and special testing activities to resolve test incidents as assigned through the open issues list.
- Support and develop processes to improve the product quality and efficiency of the engineering process.
- Ensure completion of all 8-Ds for testing-development issues.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Ensure departmental compliance with all ZF, environmental, and TS16949 policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, etc.)
- 2+ years of software test experience in a product development, testing, and/or manufacturing environment (includes co-op and/or internshipexperience)
- Experience with scripting and/or programming language(s) (i.e. Python, C++, C#, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of personnel/management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently manage multiple responsibilities (i.e. self-starter, self-motivated)
- English language competency
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Master's Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, etc.)
- Experience with data acquisition tools (e.g. ETAS INCA, CANalyzer, etc.)
- Experience with test automation (e.g. dSPACE Automation Desk)
- Experience with HIL systems (e.g. dSPACE)
- Deep knowledge of the technical components and critical functions of an automatic transmission
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.