The Software Test Engineer is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company through your innate curiosity. You’ll advocate for continuous delivery and build quality in the entire software development process.
*This is not a remote position and may require some travel.
- Consistently drive the quality and health of software projects with an appreciation for quality code and development processes
- Understand the type and value of each test while using debugging tools to complement your testing efforts
- Define and craft testing solutions, including both manual and automated testing
- Demonstrate QA & test engineering fundamentals with an eye for design and architecture
- Create and execute test plans for features within the software delivery lifecycle
- Write clear defect reports and help stakeholders make informed triage decisions
- Apply critical thinking to products, requirements, and processes to confidently deliver high-quality software
- You’ll take a deep dive into software to solve obscure issues with a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, and clients
- Embody a growth mindset to continuously learn new technologies and hone your craft
- Provide mentorship to our teams while giving and receiving constructive feedback from your teammates
- Demonstrate thoughtful written and verbal communication skills
- Strong fundamental understanding of software testing best practices
- Expertise developing test plans, test cases, and executing tests on an array of platforms
- Experience owning the QA process on projects with multiple test and quality engineers
- You have experience with test automation frameworks for mobile and web apps (Selenium, Appium, XCTest UI, Espresso)
- Strong desire and appreciation for continuous learning
- Collaborating with others to solve tough problems that go beyond your own skill set (e.g. improving test environment stability, building robust build pipelines, etc.)
- Writing test or application code in at least one development language
- Building, extending and using test automation frameworks
- You enjoy taking ownership of tasks within a team and solving problems
- You’re a self-starter who embraces new technologies, enjoys researching new tools and applying them as needed
P.S. In an ideal world, you hit all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.