Verily lives at the intersection of technology, data science and healthcare. Our mission is to make the world's health data useful so that people enjoy healthier lives.
As a Software System Test Engineer at Verily, you will use your strong technical background to work with product management and engineering to define test strategies, organize testing processes, and optimize system level testing through creative and comprehensive test methods you bring to the table and test automation that you'll write. You will be driving test programs and ultimately play a key role in ensuring that product quality keeps our users safe and delighted.
- Work real-time with product managers and engineering teams on test design and implementation. Evaluate testability of new features/implementations. Define strategy for system level testing and test optimization, including test automation, and create and champion new internal processes to scale testing coverage.
- Create, implement and maintain test plans, test cases/test protocol, requirements traceability, and test reports. Communicate testing and product quality status to various levels of the organization. Drive communications and consistently deliver accurate product quality snapshots for stakeholders. Find and thoroughly report bugs, track fixes, and verify bug fixes.
- Perform ad hoc and exploratory testing to find defects before the product is in the hands of users. Follow up on defects and regressions to improve product quality and providing input on factors that influence product excellence (Focused Utility, Simple Design, Crafted Execution)
- Oversee accessibility, material design, internationalization, and localization testing as needed.
- Provide independent and unbiased system-level testing for release candidate verification.
- 4+ years of software system test engineering experience with system level software testing of Web applications, Android applications, and iOS applications, including cross-platform testing (browser, OS, hardware).
- Able to independently create test strategies and test plans, build comprehensive end to end system functional test protocols, and execute full system-level verification for a software system.
- Able to write code to test software (e.g. Java, Python) and identify automation opportunities. Experience working in an automation framework (e.g. Selenium, Appium web drivers) to write test scripts and demonstrated ability to automate testing for a significant portion of functions/test cases on a given product.
- Demonstrated understanding of software system architecture.
- Experience working as a software system test engineer completing verification and validation testing on a safety-critical regulated product (i.e. med device)
- Experience working in fast-paced startup environments and successfully working on multiple products simultaneously as test lead or the only test engineer on a complete software system.
- Experience with Accessibility, API and/or Performance testing
- Experience building automation frameworks and/or test infrastructure from scratch, with writing and running automation scripts and summarizing results in the context of the system as a whole.
- Passionate about testing, improving healthcare, and the future of connected devices technology
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills, with meticulous attention to detail that extends beyond written and verbal communication.