Description SOFTWARE TESTER: (E20-18-0077-F)
Bowhead seeks a Software Tester Position will serve as a Fire Control Software Tester by applying testing processes and software development best practices within the development and integration of the Hypervelocity Projectile (HVP) with existing powder guns as well as with the future electromagnetic railgun.
Fire Control Software Testers are responsible for facilitating the integration of Fire Control software with in-development external hardware and software, including sensors, encryption modules, and datalink components.
Testers will work closely with Fire Control Software Engineers to identify issues and speed the development of a next generation weapons system.
The broad scope and diverse workload of Fire Control provide many opportunities to utilize new tools and methods.
• Provide system testing and analysis in support of development, modification, production and maintenance of software based gun weapon systems.
• Derive system requirements from existing systems and sponsor statements of work.
• Work closely with software engineers to develop and test a Rapid prototype system using an Agile development method.
• Develop test procedures to test system functionality and generate software trouble reports.
• Perform white and black box testing.
• Conduct verification and validation testing.
• Prepare test reports and conduct analysis from tests conducted.
• Some travel to White Sands Missile Range and Yuma Proving Grounds for system demonstrations to meet the sponsor’s objectives.
Qualifications and Competencies Desired:
• Knowledge of test and evaluation is required.
• Knowledge of software development and testing is desired.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to work independently and interface professionally with other government agencies, contractors, military personnel.
• Ability to define task details, estimates, and schedules using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word).
• Knowledge of basic Linux command line tools is preferred.
• Ability to work with others to meet established goals and program schedules.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Requirements A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, engineering, scientific, or technical discipline. Six (6) years professional technical experience which includes at least four (4) years specialized experience performing testing, software design, coding and compilation of code; computer or software requirements management, computer systems or software integration; and utilizing systems engineering software tools.
Specialized experience shall also include demonstrated ability to test complex systems with integrated software and hardware requirements. Experience related to weapons systems and/or Navy programs is desired.