Description SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER (SSN-18-2090-F)
Bowhead seeks a Software Test Engineer to support our Orlando, Florida team of software developers and media artists in the development and deployment of C++ simulation-based training applications. You will be responsible for testing and quality assurance in all stages of the software lifecycle.
Software Test Engineer essential duties include:
• Designing tests from functional requirements
• Creation and testing of Windows installation media
• Manual testing of Windows applications
• Entry of issues found during testing into a defect tracking system
Requirements B.S. in Computer Science/Software Engineering or Mathematics with a minimum of one year of academic or professional programming experience, PLUS
** One or more years’ experience writing academic or technical documents.
** Two or more years’ of experience working in software quality assurance/testing.
** Experience with iterative, test-driven software development cycle, imaging computer systems or building virtual machines and with version control systems (e.g. Perforce, CSV, SVN, Git).
** Experience developing test plans, maintaining a database of test cases, and tracking found issues in a defect tracking system.
Successful candidate will possess these qualities:
• Ability to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing (in English) and understand both oral and written instructions (in English).
• Ability to network and prioritize customer service to establish/maintain effective working relationships with various internal and external customers (to include government officials, corporate officials, and employees).
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Selected individual will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Active DoD Secret Clearance is preferred. US Citizenship is a requirement for access to classified information at this location.