Software Test Engineer (UC2)
Requisition Number 2018-7219
Provide Software Test Engineering and Management support to the Unit Command and Control (UC2) program office, which is within the Battle Management Directorate (AFLCMC/HB) at Hanscom AFB, MA.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years in DoD or Air Force acquisition and Systems Engineering processes.
- Working knowledge of a test cloud environment is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and writing) skills.
- Experience in using critical thinking to prepare written reports and presentations for senior-level officials.
- Candidate must obtain and maintain the proper personnel clearance for this position.
- Provide software test advice on testing virtual machines and Service Oriented Architectire (SOA) infrastructure with the latest automated software test tools in a distributed test cloud environment.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of all integration and test activities of the development and integration contractors, and ensure the actions supporting test and evaluation (T&E) are coordinated at technical reviews and planning meetings.
- Ensure test plans sufficiently verify that system requirements have been met and comply with US Air Force guidance.
- Review program documentation, participate in (and sometimes lead) test meetings.
- Serve as primary interface between development, integration, and sustainment contractors, and Government test organizations.
- Assist in analyzing project technical baselines, monitor contractor technical performance, and provide guidance to the Government.
- Perform as a technical point of contact and test lead for various projects assigned by the government.