Maxar Technologies is seeking a Software Test Engineer / Trainer to support our Signature Management and Analysis (SigMA) Group. The SigmMA Group develops innovative solutions for electromagnetic (EM) and radar cross section (RCS) signature diagnostic applications. We are a diverse and multi-disciplinary group working to help strengthen our national defense in a flexible work environment that fosters innovation and collaboration.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the testing process for a project or set of tasks as well as performing and/or assisting with system and hardware testing activities and assisting in maintaining and implementing the test methods and procedures necessary for the verification of a suite of applications.
- Responsible for assisting in the maintenance/creation of test data sets.
- Provide formal classroom training to end users.
- Provide informal training in response to customer support issues.
- Expect quarterly travel of one to two weeks duration.
- Candidate must have a proven ability to prioritize a diverse task load.
- Seeking motivated candidate who will actively work to increase leadership role, knowledge of program area and test processes/procedures to qualify for promotion to Sr. Test Lead in two years.
- Must be a US Citizen and be willing and able to obtain a TS/SAR security clearance.
- Requires 10 years of progressively more complex software and hardware system testing experience to include test planning, test design, test process and procedure documentation, test execution and test leadership roles.
- Willingness to travel.
- Comfortable presenting formal training in a classroom environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or other Engineering Field.
- Demonstrated understanding of software development processes, systems architecture and software best practices.
- Foundation level test certification.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS usage and concepts.
- Experience testing systems with Oracle database.
- Understanding of basic computer networking concepts.
- Understanding of Client – server environment concepts.
- Experience testing electromagnetic/radar cross section (EM/RCS) related signal processing algorithms.
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.