The Software Quality Test Engineer performs functional and system software testing functions. This individual will create, update maintain and execute test plans, for manual test scenarios. The Software Quality Test Engineer is a part of the Engineering Department.
- Perform tests at all stages of application development, including functional, usability, regression, load/stress and performance testing.
- Analyze requirements; develop, execute, and document test cases and perform manual tool-driven testing scenarios
- Create, update, maintain, and execute test plans that include manual test cases
- Work closely with developers to resolve issues
- Troubleshoot, report and track issues in the bug tracking software
- Develop ideas or recommendations that may have an impact on existing or future systems/applications, products, services or procedures and business processes
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of three (3) years of testing experience or three (3) experience in a LIMS environment
- Bachelor Degree in technical field, including science, engineering, computer science, software engineering or related discipline.
- Experience with primary aspects of the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, and test)
- Strong hands-on testing skills and relevant work experience
- Must have knowledge of QA best practices such as test automation, test data preparation, defect identification, security testing, and root cause analysis.
- Position requires effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in Life Sciences a major plus
- Experience with JIRA