Primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review and analyze product design documentation and requirements to select and develop software test methodologies and tools
- Create test strategies, plans, design test cases, direct test activities, and present test results throughout the software development life-cycle
- Develop both manual and automated testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, security and usability
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Test system modifications or new development to prepare for implementation.
- Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
- Manage the Verification Requirements Traceability Matrix (VRTM)
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, math, or computer science
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience in a software testing role of which 3 years in an agile environment
- Experience leading a small team is a plus.
- Experience with Selenium highly desirable as is working in a MS TFS and Visual Studio environment
- Exposure to software architecture in addition to strong, practical and hands-on experience with automated testing tools and technologies.
- Demonstrable software testing or coding experience
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams;
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills;
- Demonstrate critical attention to detail and deadlines, and are self-motivated;
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment;
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills