ProQuest – Who we are…
ProQuest supports the important work in the world’s research and learning communities. The company curates six centuries of content – the world’s largest collection of journals, ebooks, primary sources, dissertations, news, and video – and builds powerful workflow solutions to help libraries acquire and grow collections that inspire extraordinary outcomes. ProQuest products and services are used in academic, K-12, public, corporate and government libraries in 150 countries.
Software Test Engineer
What will I be doing?
This is a business that’s not just about making money, it’s about doing what’s right. Working on our Drug Safety Triage system, you’ll be working on a product that literally saves lives. This product helps pharmaceutical companies identify negative drug interactions and reduce the chance of patient harm. As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you’ll work to write scripts to automate testing as well as execute some manual testing scripts. To be successful, you’ll be a collaborative partner with the development team, participate in Scrum/Agile standups, assist with requirements gathering, and help todevelop working solutions to problems.
If you’re looking for a job with meaning and real impact on the world, keep reading!
In this position, you will also…
• Design, implement & execute automated tests.
• Debug and fix existing automated scripts.
• Check out, update, commit to and push code.
• Configure regression framework to run against different instances
• Execute and maintain manual test scripts as needed.
• Use bug tracking and report generating tools
• Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to leadership and/or stakeholders.
• Mentor junior level software test engineers.
• Coordinate work with offshore software development partners.
• Knowledge of automated configuration management, build processes, and requirement tools.
Reasons you should apply...
1. You want to find meaning in the work that you do and have an impact on people’s lives!
2. You’re passionate about technology, automation, and helping a team grow it’s capability through innovation.
3. You want to work with a collaborative, energetic team of engineers who have fun but take their jobs seriously.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. Dealing with a diverse group of personalities at various levels across the team and organization sounds exhausting.
2. You refer to have a curated list of tasks to complete rather than a set of goals by which you can prioritize your own task list.
3. You have an aversion to a rigid set of government regulatory mandates that, at times, can seem restrictive.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related discipline plus a minimum of 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to design, implement and execute automated tests and clearly document results.
• Experience with Linux and windows server environments.
• Experience with databases such as MSSQL, MYSQL or Oracle.
• Experienced with multiple programming languages.
• Strong troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to break down complex issues.
• Ability to comprehend business requirements and software specification documents.
• Active in pursuing learning opportunities.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Previous experience with: Selenium, Java, Cucumber, BDD, JIRA, SharePoint, Agile Methodologies.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are purpose-driven technologist who wants to make a difference in the world, please consider joining our talented team!!
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based the Ann Arbor ProQuest office location and may be appropriate for occasional remote work, subject to approval.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
Critical thinkingIntermediateHTMLIntermediateAPIsSome KnowledgeEngineeringIntermediate
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization