Software Test Engineer - OTA
- Job Number: 112866630
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: Aug. 11, 2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Apple’s Mobile Software Update validation team is responsible to ensure high quality releases are delivered to our customers. We work hand in hand with our development engineers who support tethered and wireless update for iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. We work on all Apple products and help develop and maintain our test plans, test tools, and infrastructure. In this role, test efforts will target development engineering support and partnering with engineering teams to ensure product quality.
- 2 to 5 years of QA/QE experience.
- iOS and macOS power user
- Self-motivated with passion for quality and automation.
- Experience with troubleshooting iOS and embedded devices
- Contributed to and Experience with automation frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of QA methodologies- writing test plans and test cases
- Python, Object oriented language like C++/Objective C, C
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in upgrade/rollback testing is a plus.
The QA effort includes hands-on functional testing, bug reporting/regression, maintaining test guidelines, and development and execution of automated tests. The successful candidate should have a strong aptitude for learning new technologies, excellent communication skills, and the ability to drive complex and challenging projects to conclusion. Strong collaboration with engineering teams and an ability to thrive under pressure are key skills required to succeed in this role. Duties include: Contributions to the development of test plans Execution of pre-submission testing for Over The Air updates Execution of functional testing and identify opportunities to leverage automation Identify and create test tools to further enhance coveage Analysis of test results and regression Support software bring-up efforts on prototype hardware Provide status reports to management.
Bachelor’s degree in EE, CS, or related field.