Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers around the world. With commercial, international and private banking services, SVB helps address the unique needs of innovators.
The Payments and Core Banking Test Engineer is vital for implementation and establishment of a quality process in our new Testing Organization.We are adding a Software Test Engineer to support growth in Testing Organization across all platforms and branches.
This role will be reporting to the IT Test Manager and presenting an excellent opportunity for a passionate testing professional to innovate, drive and deliver with high quality, supporting SVB clients. We are looking for a test engineer who wants to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with talented and dedicated team. Software tester is an active partner in design, planning and execution who is working on multiple projects and cross-platform in a mid-large size organization.
This critical and much needed role is to insure successful delivery of organizational transformation and goals across all business verticals at SVB, and delivering high quality product for our clients.
The SVB Software Test Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day task management across multiple project test teams and long term planning for the Payment and Core Banking business vertical. Software Engineer will coordinate with team across multiple time zones for global projects working with teams located around the world.
- Responsible for the overall quality of IT projects and changes through execution of all aspects of the Software Development and Testing Life Cycle
- Adhere to Enterprise Software Delivery Methodology
- Lead, develop, monitor and execute test activities for small to medium size projects
- Work closely with development and business partners to ensure timely collaboration and resolution
- Review and understand project or application requirements, conduct ambiguity review
- Prepare robust test strategy, test plan, test cases, log defects and produce status repot
- Manage and create test data as per the requirements, streamline data input
- Work closely with offshore vendor to ensure continues support and test execution in various time zones
- Utilize defect tracking system and report issues promptly and accurately
- Conduct triage, follow defect through closure. Retest, report status, update defect tracking system
- Ensure reproducibility, auditability and traceability of deliverables
- Assist in building and configuring test environments
- Monitor environmental impact, communicate potential risks, provide mitigation plan
- Map test cases to the requirements, provide requirement traceability metrics (RTM)
- Conduct feasibility study, assist with automation utilizing current frameworks and tools
- Streamline the testing process by introducing automation, leveraging tools and setting goals to reduce time and effort
- Develop solid domain knowledge in Payments and Core Banking areas for critical applications
- Develop expert knowledge of the software in test and any other impacted applications or flows related to the change to ensure accurate test design and execution
- Provide testing support and conduct working troubleshooting sessions with development partners for timely resolution
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years as a test engineer with good understanding of SDLC
- Previous Financial or Banking experience desirable
- Experience working with offshore vendors or in multiple geographical locations
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Solid knowledge of testing methodologies
- Experience with batch and web application testing
- Knowledge in SQL
- Good communication and analytical skills.