Software Test Engineer II
Less than 5 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Software Test Engineer II, you’ll support the applications that provide the functionality necessary for managing Group and Client Relationships, Agency Relationships, Manage Sales Opportunities, Events and Manage Products.The applications and services the team supports are utilized by a variety of teams within Premera such as Customer Service, Membership & Billing and Underwriting, Actuarial, Product Configuration and Group Setup. In addition you’ll support a variety of integrations to other applications within and outside Premera.
What you’ll do:
- Consults with the customer to understand customer needs and analyzes, reviews and validates project requirements and technical specifications, contributes to test plan and test estimates, creates and executes test cases utilizing standard test methods and tools.
- Collaborates with developers and analysts to address project requirements, deliverables and any potential road blocks.
- Utilizes a variety of database and SQL tools to gather and analyze datasets for test case design, planning and execution.
- Assists in the troubleshooting, diagnosis, and replication of product defects.
- Identify opportunities to automate existing manual testing processes.
- Translates complex technical requirements and specifications into robust test cases.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field of study or four (4) years’ experience
- Three (3) years of experience in Quality Assurance/Software Testing
- Familiar with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Possess strong ERP/CRM business knowledge with a focused perspective on business functions
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Business Domain or testing tools a plus
What we offer:
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking