The Software Test Engineer is responsible for developing automated testing strategies and implementing them in industry standard testing frameworks. The Software Test Engineer provides testing automated testing expertise and oversight and also plays a role in providing advice and guidance and monitoring emerging technologies.
- Participates in all phases of the software development process, including developing test plans, test cases, test automation, and execution of test scripts.
- Create and modify automated test scripts based on manual test cases, functional requirements, or existing functionality of the system.
- Work to understand business requirements and objectives relative to the desired functionality of products and applications.
- Evaluate and test new or modified software to determine that software meets user requirements and established quality standards.
- Perform integration, system, regression, and smoke testing, while coordinating with near-shore and off-shore team members.
- Documents execution results, software issues and enhancement requests, and assists team members with concise and detailed steps for duplication of the problem.
- Write, execute, and maintain automation scripts using Robot Framework/Selenium.
- Use SOAPUI or equivalent tools for testing REST web services.
- Mentor other QA team members with automation and scripting, applying best practices and implementing automation framework and processes.
- Contributes towards QA estimation and scheduling process.
- Works with the manager and team to schedule and prioritize tasks to promote efficient use of time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- 3+ years working experience in software development and/or testing in Windows (C# .Net)
- Working experience in automated testing frameworks
- Extensive automation experience (using open-source tools such as Robot Framework or Selenium or commercial software such as Quick Test Pro)
- Ability to write complex automated tests for web and back-end applications using Selenium or comparable tools
- Working experience with software test tools and processes, building and testing frameworks, and consumer-facing applications and databases
- Working knowledge of development lifecycle methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile, iterative)
- Working knowledge in analysis, design and programming
- Working experience with Quality Center or other test management tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills with both technical and non-technical associates
- Desire and ability to learn new skills and improve upon current skillsets
- High degree of flexibility, efficiency, and motivation in work habits in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Solid computer skills, including but not limited to software delivery programs, operating Systems, network, and hardware
Job Number 1718559