Vin Solutions, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Software Test Engineer for a position in Mission, KS.The Software Test Engineer is responsible for developing automated testing strategies and implementing them in industry standard testing frameworks. The Software Test Engineer provides automated testing expertise and oversight and also plays a role in providing advice and guidance and monitoring of emerging technologies.Agile Planning
- Understands the challenges that delivery and operations teams face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends improvements to testing processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of testing teams and reduce technical debt.
- Develops new and maintains existing test automation suites, using the agreed upon test automation framework for all applications that automation currently supports.
- Writes, debugs and executes code used in automated testing efforts.
- Coordinates regression test automation activities across supported applications.
- Defines, implements, and manages processes and “best practices” with regard to automated testing for the team.
- Create well-structured test plans and test cases
- Establishes processes to continually review and select manual test cases for automation test suites.
- Provides metrics on business process and code coverage for automated test suites.
- Presents test results to stakeholders.
- Partners with feature developers and other automation engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
Advice and Guidance
- Actively works with less experienced software test engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Complete works using Micro Focus tool suite (UFT,QC (ALM)).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Working experience in software development and/or testing
- At least 1 year working experience in creating scripts for test automation
- Working experiencewith software test tools and processes, building and testing web-based apps, and consumer-facing applications and databases
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies and principles
- Working knowledge of delivering products in an engineering role
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies
- Working experience in creating your own SQL queries