Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service
Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today's contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com
. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Sling TV and Dish Technologies are looking for a dynamic experienced Test Engineer to work in our Operations Support group. The ideal candidate will have experience working on complex video distribution systems in an agile develop environment to develop and maintain automation frameworks for testing.
You would be a good fit if you would like to:
- Assist building a test automation framework using python to automate a high-volume service that streams video content; including pre-recorded and live video
- Assist with troubleshooting and root cause analysis of test results across multiple operational environments
- Assist with establishing effective processes for focusing test automation into most critical system functions and distribution of results to optimize business value
- Collaborate with system architects and business stakeholders to define requirements, perform system integration and demonstration
- Assist building/maintaining a test automation framework using python to automate a high-volume service that streams video content; including pre-recorded and live video
- Work in an agile development environment
You would be a great fit if you have:
- BS Degree and 5 years of Software Development experience, or Masters and 3 years of Software development experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on integration and test experience with digital video protocols and distribution system development experience, specifically integrating and test of distribution applications
- At least 3 years of experience in one or more of the following: streaming video, adaptive bitrate, mobile video, or dynamic ad insertion.
You will stand out if you have:
- Experience with learning proprietary administrative systems developed by development teams
- Experience with test analytics and visualization of results
- Working knowledge of Agile Development methodology and Scrum
- Experience with Jira, WireShark
- Experience with multiple methods of distributing live video and related standards, protocols
- Experience with Windows, Mac, and Linux systems, using DOS and UNIX commands.
Compensation: $64,150.00/Yr. - $100,550.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, which may include a drug test.