FocusVision develops its product on an ongoing basis. Consequently, it requires a testing regimen to find deficiencies and verify proper functionality, with the goal of ensuring the production of software of the highest possible quality. We are seeking a motivated, detail oriented and organized problem solver with prior software quality assurance experience to join our team as a Software Test Engineer.
As a Software Test Engineer on our growing team, you will have an extensive role in designing solutions to testing problems the business faces.
You are a highly motivated individual that works well in a team environment, yet able to work autonomously, solve problems, and take initiative. You have exceptional time management and multitasking skills. You are detail-oriented and well organized. You are results oriented – a driver of projects, gets things done, with a “can-do” attitude.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or four year related degree, or equivalent work related experience.
• At least 5+ years of combined experience as a quality assurance analyst/engineer, software engineer including applications development and testing.
• Strong work ethic, organizational skills, critical thinking and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently within a team environment.
• Display an inquisitive nature, a knack for resolving problems and a passion for learning.
• Possess clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong understanding of black box, grey box and white box test methodologies.
• Demonstrate ability to work within a collaborative source-code repository system, i.e. Git, GitHub, etc.
• Experience with a Unix- or Linux-based operating system; proficiency with shell scripting.
• Experience with the following tools: Jira, Test Rail, PostMan, Saucelabs/browser stack, git, Github, Docker, vagrant, virtualbox, Engine Yard, Bowtie, Ansible .
• Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g., TeamCity, Jenkins, Travis)
• Experience with automation tools (Cypress, QUnit, ExUnit, Jest, py.test, PHPUnit, MSBuild, Selenium Web Driver, Jmeter).
• Experience with stress and performance testing.
• Quickly acquire an understanding of our Focusvision software platform and the underlying technology.
• Identify what tools and technologies can be implemented, aligning with that already used across the broader development function.
• Create/Maintain automation frameworks that will be used by QA engineers.
• Develop and maintain testing tools and resources to aid in general QA efforts.
• Maintain configurations for CI servers.
• Assist in code review for automated whitebox tests.
• Stay up to speed on process, practice and technology developments to ensure they are brought in-house and enhance the solutions applied to the testing problems.
Requisition ID : 1042